Nhx T., Tech Times
Like with the previous Personatitles, Persona 5 Royalplayers would have to create bonds with certain game characters to max out their friendship, or in this case, Confidants. If this isn't your first time playing P5R, then you're familiar with Confidants.
Persona 5 RoyalConfidants Guide
According to GamesRadar, Persona 5 Royal made it easier to max out Confidants compared to the original game (Royalis an expansion of Persona 5) as you have more time to spend with them.
Nevertheless, it can be quite hard to know when you can start a friendship with a particular character or find them. You can't miss some characters, especially those that will help you raid dungeons and beat monsters.
However, there are characters that you can undoubtedly miss--and if you miss them, you can't max out their Confidants, which would help you create stronger Personas that can help you in battle.
Read Also: 'Persona 4 Golden' Guide: How to Get All Endings, Including the True (Best) Ending
How to Unlock Every Confidant
Here's a complete list of Persona 5 RoyalConfidants and when you can start bonding with them. Besides creating stronger Personas, there are also various Benefits when you unlock and max out Confidants.
Before anything else, your main party--or the characters that will join you in your battles--have their own Confidants and benefits:
Ryuji Sakamoto - You can speak to him at school to unlock this Confidant. You can level up by talking to him in school, in Shibuya, and over text.
- party bonuses
- stealthier dashing
- and insta-killing enemies by dashing onto them
Ann Takamaki - Speak to her in Shibuya underground mall to unlock this Confidant. To unlock rank two, you need to have a Kindness level two. She is also romanceable.
- party bonuses
- chance to cancel enemy moves
Yusuke Kitagawa - You can unlock this Confidant by talking to Yusuke in the Shibuya underground walkway. To climb up to rank six, your Proficiency level should be at level four.
- Party bonuses
- Create and duplicate skill cards
Haru Okumura - Meet and speak to Haru at school to unlock this Confidant. Before you can level up to rank three, you'll need Proficiency level five. She is also romanceable.
- Party bonuses
- Grow vegetables that can restore the party's SP
Morgana - This Confidant can be unlocked and leveled up as the Persona 5 Royalstory continues.
- Party bonuses
- Craft infiltration tools
Makoto Nijima - Meet and speak to Makoto at the school to unlock. Your Knowledge level should be at level three to rank up. Before climbing to rank six, you also need to have Charm level five. She is also romanceable.
- Party bonuses
- Analyze enemy drops, moves, and defenses
Futaba Sakura - Meet Futaba outside of Leblanc to unlock this Confidant. Before you can climb to rank two, your Kindness level should be at level four. She is also romanceable.
- Chance to instantly map out Mementos floors
- Chance to Hold Up at the start of the battle
- Chance to reset search objects after a battle
- Chance to Charge buffs or give Kaja, restore HP/SP, block attacks, swap KO'd members
Read Also: 'Persona 5 Royal' Guide: How to Fuse Maria and Get One of the Most Powerful Personas
Other Persona 5 Royal Confidants You Can Unlock
Besides your main party members, there are also other NPCs that you can unlock and max out Confidants throughout the game.
Prison Master - This Confidant can be unlocked and leveled up as the Persona 5 Royalstory continues.
- Hold more Persona
- Third Eye, Negotiation
- Earn more fusion XP
Sojiro Sakura - Meet Sojiro at Leblanc to unlock and level up as the story progresses. The level will be capped until Futaba's arc. Before you can reach rank seven, your Kindness level should be at five.
- Make curry and coffee that can restore SP
Goro Akechi - Meet and speak to Akechi at night in Kichijoji. You must reach level eight before November 18. Before you can reach rank seven, you need an Intelligence level four.
- Party bonuses
- Chance to reveal the enemy/enemies' affinities before a battle starts
Chihaya Mifune - Meet and speak Chihaya on clear days in Shibuya to unlock and level up Confidant. She is also romanceable. She can do fortune readings that can lead to the benefits below.
- Improve social stat growth
- Reveal all benefits from Confidants
- Trigger the Velvet Room alarm
- Grant more money in battle
- Raise a Confidant's affinity
- Highlight the best dialogue choices
Iwai Munehisa - Speak to him after receiving the mystery bag. You can find him in his shop. However, you need to have Guts level four before rank one and Guts level five to rank eight.
- Custom gun mods that can add elements
- More guns will be available at the shop
Twin Wardens - Speak to them in the Velvet Room. They're at the left of your cell gate. You can level up this Confidant by completing Persona fusion challenges.
- Train Personas to add attribute resistances
- Group Persona fusions
- Fuse higher level Personas than your current level
Sadayo Kawakami - Call Kawakami from Leblanc after the maid event on Fridays and Saturdays to unlock and level. For rank one, your Guts level should be at three. Levels will be capped until the end of the summer break. She is also romanceable.
- Head out after the Metaverse excursions
- Chance to gain more free time at school
- Save time by making her make coffee or curry, do laundry for you, or craft infiltration tools
Tae Takemi - Meet Takemi at her clinic in Yongen-Jaya to unlock and level. Guts level two will be needed to achieve rank two. You'll also need Charm level four for rank eight. She is also romanceable.
- Accessories and healing items are available for purchase
Shinya Oda - Speak to Shinya at Akihabara arcade after an encounter with a cheating gamer in Mementos.
- Buffs gun attacks
- Unlocks gun-based bonuses, guaranteed shot down, attacks for ambushing and negotiating.
Ichiko Ohya - Speak to her after the Madarame arc in the Shinjuku bar. She is also romanceable.
- Makes ambushing easier as Palace security levels reduce
Toranosuke Yoshida - Work at the beef bowl restaurant after speaking with him at the Shibuya station square multiple times. You can level up this Confidant by talking to him there on Sunday nights.
- Recruit Persona that has a higher level than you are
- Chance to improve results of negotiation
Yuuki Mishima - Go to Shinjuku and speak to Mishima. You can progress this Confidant by clearing Mementos targets.
- Increases your EXP gains
- Backup members can gain EXP
Hifumi Togo - Unlock and level by speaking to her at the Kanda church at night. For rank one, you'll need Charm level three and Intelligence level five to reach rank eight. She is also romanceable.
- Earn extra money when you win battles in one turn
- Swap members during battle
- Lets you escape when surrounded
- Hastens escape
- Back-up members could do follow-up attacks
Takuto Maruki - Speak to Maruki at school to unlock and level up. You must reach level nine with this Confidant by November 18.
- Chance to recover SP when it's low
- Joker's SP increases
- Chance to become Focused and Charged at the start of a battle
- Chance for Joker to recover ailments
Kasumi Yoshizawa - Speak to her to unlock and level up. She would mostly initiate hangouts. Levels will be capped until later in the story, but you must reach level five before December 18. She is also romanceable.
- Joker's HP increases
- Ambush enemies from a distance through grappling hooks
- Ambush enemies even if they hit you first
Sae Nijima - This Confidant can be unlocked and leveled up as thePersona 5 Royalstory continues. No benefits included.
This Confidant can be unlocked and leveled up as thePersona 5 Royalstory continues. No benefits included.
Read Also: 'Catherine: Full Body' Guide: How to Get All Endings From Good to Bad
ⓒ 2023 TECHTIMES.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.
Tags: Persona 5 Persona 5: Royal Persona 5 Royal guide Atlus Sega Shin Megami Tensei Persona 5 Royal Confidant guide